- Creamy formula
- Comfortable to wear
- Long wearing
- Unique YSL applicator
YSL Tatouage Couture Matte Stain Review
The best matte lip stain in luxury beauty, YSL Tatouage Couture offers a beautiful long lasting wear without drying out lips – See Full Review.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
YSL Tatouage Couture Velvet Matte Stain: A beautiful mouthful, or ‘lipful,’ of color.
Luxury makeup: there’s misses and then there’s winners. YSL Tatouage Couture is a liquid lipstick that I have loved for years. Quite possibly, this is the best lip stain I have ever tried. Nina Dobrev says this lip product makes her life way better, and an Allure editor claims this to be the most comfortable liquid lipstick they’ve ever worn. It’s a bit spendy at $38 a tube, but believe me (and Nina Dobrev) when I tell you it is worth every penny. I think I have just about every color in my collection because I love it that much. So, let’s review YSL Tatouage Couture Matte Stain.
Promises vs. Performance: Creamy, velvet color that lasts all day.
From it’s sleek, luxe packaging to its iconic Tatouage Couture applicator, this liquid lipstick from YSL has some big promises. The matte lip stain promises to provide high impact that lasts all day. YSL says it has an ultra comfortable, creamy wear that is nondrying. Full, ultra precise (thanks to the iconic Tatouage Couture applicator) coverage is said to be achieved in just one swipe.
My Review Thoughts: YSL Tatouage Couture Matte Stain
Let’s start the review thoughts on YSL Tatouage Couture Matte Stain with the following. YSL makes some beautiful color products and this lip stain is no exception. The unique applicator provides a precise application and makes it super easy to apply this liquid lipstick. Tatouage Couture gives you rich, full coverage color in just one swipe. It is a really comfortable matte finish thanks to the creamy velvet formula. My lips never feel dry when I wear this product. And, it has a great long lasting wear even through eating and drinking.
How It Compares: YSL has the best lip stain in luxury beauty.
If there’s one luxury product you buy from YSL, let it be this lip product. Tatouage Couture is easily the best lip stain in luxury beauty, and has been one of my personal favorites for years. You get rich, full coverage color that has a comfortable matte finish. The application is effortless with the precise applicator unique to YSL. These lip stains are super comfortable to wear and never feel dry or heavy on the lips. And, when they do fade off, there is no patchiness or flaking: just beautiful, flawless color.
Milabu Beauty Method: Apply this for lip color that lasts all day.
- Before applying a matte liquid lipstick, I like exfoliate my lips to get rid of any dry, flaky bits. One of my favorites is the Fresh Sugar Lip Polish ($18).
- While applying your makeup, apply a lip balm to nourish and prep your lips. I really enjoy the Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask ($22).
- I don’t find I need a lip liner with this product, but feel free to apply if you desire.
- Turning the applicator on its side, use the bigger flat surface to swipe the lipstick onto your lips. I like to start with my bottom lip at the center.
- Using the angled edge of the applicator, brush Tatouage Couture along the edges of your lips. The precise tip helps define the outline and get in the inner corners.
- Blot lips and apply more if needed.
Advertised Product Highlights
Yves Saint Laurent Tatouage Couture Matte Stain
Edited by Maddie