- Natural finish
- Keeps makeup in place all day
- Aggressive spray
- Can leave small spots on face
- Sour smell
This iconic Urban Decay Setting Spray is a makeup bag essential, providing a long lasting makeup application.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: You need it in your makeup bag.
Nobody has time to spend their day worrying about their makeup melting off or fading. I know I don’t. Enter the iconic Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray. This product works to actually extend the wear time of makeup, preventing you from worrying about the need for touchups throughout the day. It’s well loved by many and has earned a spot on several “Best Of” lists, including those by Allure, Cosmopolitan, Byrdie, and more. Urban Decay All Nighter definitely has a cult following. but does it live up to the hype? I’ve tried it several times and do use it frequently, so here are my honest thoughts.
Promises vs. Performance: This setting spray is lightweight and smoothing.
Per the brand website, Urban Decay All Nighter is a long lasting makeup setting spray made to keep makeup in place for up to 16 hours. It includes Urban Decay’s patented Temperature Control Technology, which actually works to lower the temperature of your makeup, which helps lock it in place. This results in smoother skin with vibrant makeup that lasts all day or all night. It’s cruelty free, vegan, and claims to be smudge proof and transfer proof. No touchups needed here!
Even after all these years, I still find All Nighter to still be one of the few finishing sprays that actually works to improve the longevity of makeup. It really helps to melt everything together, in the best way possible! It helps powder makeup products blend in and look more natural on the skin. The only thing I will say about this product is that the mist can be a little powerful, which can cause spots to be left behind on parts of the face. When that happens, I take a Beautyblender and pat my skin to help the splatters blend away. Despite that, I do enjoy this makeup setting spray. But, I will say I have discovered a few that I love even more (more on that later).
Quick Rating Rundown
:Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray
:Best Setting Products (Powders & Sprays)
Price: $9 – $60
How It Compares: If you need your makeup to last, All Nighter is essential.
A setting spray that keeps your makeup in place for up to 16 hours? Sign me up! By setting your face with this spray, you prevent the need for touchups. With its temperature control technology, All Nighter not only extends the wear time, but it also gives you smoother looking skin. It’s also lightweight and comfortable to wear. Retailing for $33, All Nighter is worth every penny and is an essential for any makeup bag. This, plus Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion, is the perfect combination for all day makeup wear.
Comparison To Top Performers
Log in to view exclusive content.
Milabu Beauty Method: Lock your makeup in place with Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray.
Your makeup is done, now let’s lock it in place!
- Hold the bottle about 10 inches, or an arm’s length away, from your face.
- Spray repeatedly (3 to 5 times) in an X and T shape to saturate the face. (Tip: Make sure to press the spray nozzle all the way down to get a more even spray!)
- If needed, take your favorite brush or sponge to pat in any splatters left behind from the spray on the skin. (I typically use a damp Beautyblender, $20, for this.)
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s get creative with Urban Decay All Nighter:
- Mist it onto eyeshadow brushes before applying eyeshadows. It will make eyeshadow more vibrant and last longer. With metallic shades, it gives a wet, foiled effect.
- Mist foundation sponge or brush with the spray to essentially waterproof your favorite face product, making it last even longer.
- Turn any powder eyeshadow into a liquid eyeliner by dipping a liner brush into shadow and misting it with All Nighter.
What’s your favorite way to use this setting spray?
Advertised Product Highlights
Urban Decay All Nighter Long-Lasting Setting Spray
Edited by Maddie