- Long lasting
- Easy to blend
- Has a bit of playing time before it fully dries
- Little to no transfer or smudging
Ulta Gel Eyeliner Pencil Review
This $8 Ulta eyeliner is creamy and easy to apply. Gel Eyeliner Pencil is long lasting with no transfer or smudging.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
Ulta Gel Eyeliner Pencil: Reviewers seem to love it.
This Ulta Gel Eyeliner Pencil has over 3,000 reviews on Ulta.com and a 4.3 star rating. Most reviewers say it is easy to apply, glides on smoothly, and it’s long lasting, while others say it smudges and wears off easily. For $8, Ulta Gel Eyeliner Pencil sounds promising. Let’s jump into our review and test of the Ulta Gel Eyeliner Pencil.
Promises vs. Performance: Will this eyeliner pencil check all the boxes?
Ulta Gel Eyeliner Pencil is said to be creamy, pigmented, and long lasting. Ulta.com doesn’t list many claims, other than these and that it has an “effortless, smooth application.” It is not retractable and does need to be sharpened (sharpener not included). The eyeliner is ophthalmologist tested and safe for use around the eye area.
My Review Thoughts: Ulta Gel Eyeliner Pencil
I picked up Ulta Gel Eyeliner in Chocolate, a rich matte brown shade. The formula is creamy and easy to apply. It is quite pigmented, especially when you press down on it. A nice thing about the formula is that it does have a bit of playing time before it fully dries down. This Ulta eyeliner is longer lasting on the eyes and I had virtually no smudging, creasing, or fading after a whole ay of wear. That’s a win!
Milabu Beauty Method: An eyeshadow + liner combo for daytime.
- Begin with priming the eyes. Milani has a great, affordable eyeshadow primer ($8.99).
- Neutralize the eyes with one of the neutral matte shades. Girl Boss works great all over the lids and can be carried up to the brow bone.
- Using my ring finger, I applied shade Charmed all over the lid, stopping just at the crease.
- Using Ulta Gel Eyeliner Pencil in Chocolate ($8), line the upper lid. I like to add a small wing as well.
- Set the eyeliner with the darkest eyeshadow shade, Chocolate Kiss using a flat shader brush.
- Top off your look with a volumizing mascara. My favorite drugstore mascara is Maybelline Lash Sensational ($10.99). It just never lets me down!
Tip: If you’re on the market for some affordable brushes, there’s a brush set from e.l.f. Cosmetics that comes with 19 brushes for just $50! It has a variety of complexion and eye brushes suited for just about any look.
Advertised Product Highlights
Ulta Beauty Gel Eyeliner Pencil
Edited by Maddie