- 2 hair modes: wet and dry features
- Heated ceramic hair combs (heats only when used in dry mode)
- Smooth heated plates -Provides Versatile hair styling (thanks to the heated plates)
- Hair results are smooth and sleek
- can be used on all hair types (from straight to curly)
- Hair gets stuck in the brush head if you’re twisting the brush to create soft waves
- Only one temperature 420 F for heated comb
Quick Review – SharkSmooth Style Brush
Discover the innovation behind Shark Smooth Style Brush in our comprehensive review. Challenging a decade-long legacy, see how it reshapes the one-step hair styler game.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
For the longest time, the hair styling community has been enamored with the Revlon One-step Styler. It’s a tool that’s been around for a decade, and in many ways, set a standard in the world of hair tools. However, despite its pioneering position, there’s been a noticeable lack of true innovation in the one-step styler realm since its inception. Until now. Enter Shark’s latest offering: the Shark SmoothStyle. As a newcomer challenging a ten-year legacy, the question looms large – has Shark truly brought something new to the table, or is it just another addition to an already crowded market? Let’s dive into the anticipated Shark Smooth Style Brush Review.
Quick Rating Rundown
What is Shark SmoothStyle
The Shark Smooth Style isn’t just your average hair tool; it’s the amalgamation of modern technology with an understanding of diverse hair needs. At its core, the Smooth Style is a heated comb straightener and smoother, designed to give your hair a healthy, voluminous finish without the damage associated with traditional heat styling.
First off, this styler comes with two distinct modes: Wet Hair Mode and Dry Hair Mode. These aren’t just buzzwords. The Wet Hair Mode means you can literally go from shower-wet hair to a styled, volumized look without frying your strands. On the other hand, Dry Hair Mode lets you straighten, align, and give your hair that sleek look we all covet. The fact that it’s essentially two tools in one is an eyebrow-raiser. Shark’s attention to detail also shines through with its heated smoothing comb technology. Ceramic-coated plates maximize hair alignment, volume, and shape. And the result? Think voluminous, soft hair with gorgeously curved ends.
Why Would Someone Buy A Wet-To-Dry Hair Styler?
- Convenience of One Hair Tool: We all love efficiency, and having one tool that can both dry and style your hair is a significant time-saver.
- Blowout Lover’s Dream: If you’re someone who often fantasizes about that perfect blowout, this styler brings you closer to that dream.
- Taming Textured Hair: Those with textured hair will understand the struggle. Having a tool that streamlines the taming process is a godsend. You may not even need a heated brush straightener like TYMO.
- Affordability: In comparison to the luxury-priced Dyson Airwrap system, the Shark SmoothStyle offers an affordable alternative without compromising on quality.
My Review Thoughts on SharkSmooth Style Brush
The Shark Smooth Style Brush is packed with pros and it was a pleasure to test and review it. Its dual wet and dry feature is a notable standout, with the heated ceramic hair combs shining brightest in dry mode. These plates aren’t just heated; they’re designed to align and straighten for a smooth, sleek finish. Versatility is at the forefront here; it’s suitable for all hair types, from pin-straight to the curliest of locks. Other one-step stylers can not claim that.
However, no product is without its drawbacks. When trying to create soft waves by twisting the brush, the hair tends to get caught in the brush head. This can be frustrating and might require a bit of a learning curve. Another potential drawback is the single temperature setting for the heated comb, fixed at 420°F. While this might be optimal for many, those who prefer temperature customization might feel a bit restricted.
Comparison To Other Hair Products:
As I went through my test and review of the Shark Smoothstyle, I could not help but to compare it to some of my favorite hair Stylers son the market. I’m not going to include Dyson Airwrap because the thoughts apply as for Shark Flexstyle.
- Revlon One-step Styler: The Revlon is a known favorite, but the Shark SmoothStyle has features that leave the former in the dust. The absence of heated plates in the Revlon means less control over the smoothing process. Plus, the Revlon isn’t made for all hair types, particularly falling short for curly-haired folks.
- Shark FlexStyle: The FlexStyle offers a luxurious blowout experience but comes with a hefty price tag. It provides additional options which, frankly, not everyone might need. The one thing that FlexStyle does not offer is the heated comb plates for additional smoothing power.
- Other One-Step Stylers: These can largely be seen as imitations of the Dyson one-step style. They bring little innovation to the table, often just replicating features without significant improvements. Some of the few improvements were replaceable heads, more airflow options, different material of the head.
Even with new Shark Smooth Style, I can see how it can be improved. More temperature settings, aerodynamic flow can still be improved, bristle options for damaged hair (one of the biggest complaint is that these one-step stylers pull hair out too much)…
Shark SmoothStyle Brush Review Conclusion
The Shark SmoothStyle has truly revolutionized the beloved one-step styler concept. It caters to all hair types and introduces heated plates for enhanced smoothing. While it’s not without its flaws, it’s a significant step up from its counterparts, offering a versatile and effective styling experience.