- Easy to apply
- Lengthens lashes
- Doesn’t clump
- Lightweight formula
- Doesn’t deliver volume
- Doesn’t hold curl
- Minimal flaking after day wear test
If you love wispy, natural looking lashes, try r.e.m. Beauty Flourishing Lengthening Mascara. The silicone molded wand easily lengthens lashes.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
r.e.m. Beauty Flourishing Lengthening Mascara: One of Ariana’s two unique formulas.
In r.e.m.’s first makeup launch (what she’s calling Chapter 1 Ultraviolet), Ariana Grande released two mascaras. Both come in the same shiny gray, futuristic-looking packaging, but each formula and wand is unique. Her Flourishing Volumizing Mascara features a custom three tiered brush, a darker formula, and achieves a more intense look, while her Flourishing Lengthening Mascara features a tapered bendy wand and creates a more natural, wispy lash look.
I’ve tested both versions of Flourishing Mascara. Keep reading for my full review of the lengthening formula. (If you’d like to know my opinions on the volumizing formula, click here).
Promises vs. Performance: Weightlessly lifted, long lashes.
Flourishing Lengthening Mascara has quite a few claims. This mascara promises to volumize and weightlessly lift lashes, while never flaking. It’s a clean formula, formulated with ingredients like bamboo powder, Tahitian micro algae, and fruit extracts, that should nourish lashes. This mascara’s molded brush is created to lengthen lashes, and the tapered tip should help reach the inner and outer corners.
When I first opened this mascara, the wand immediately reminded me of the Maybelline Sky High Mascara, with its tapered end and short silicone bristles. While the formula looked wet straight out of the tube, it feels drier when applied, which is good since drier formulas typically mean easier application and less mess. On my top lashes, Flourishing Lengthening Mascara adds length and separation to my lashes. It doesn’t do much in terms of volume or curl. For volume, you’ll need to go with their other Flourish volumizing formula. I’m happy that this mascara wears well all day, free of transfer or smudging- even with a bottom lash application! It does fall short with the drier formula because it can flake throughout the day. I’m not docking too many points because is was minimal and the flakes were easy to clean up.
Quick Rating Rundown
:r.e.m. Flourishing Lengthening Mascara
Volume, Length, Curl, Define
How It Compares: For me, Lancome Idôle is the best mascara.
Flourishing Lengthening Mascara is easy to use, has a drier formula, and creates long lashes. And I definitely prefer this mascara’s silicone wand to r.e.m.’s Volumizing Mascara tiered wand, which was much more difficult to use. However, neither of these mascaras are my favorites. By my standards, the best mascara is the Lancome Lash Idôle (rated ****4.4). This mascara does it all: it lengthens, volumizes, and separates. And it never flakes or clumps. It’s a mascara I find myself constantly reaching for.
Milabu Beauty Method: Five tips for your longest lashes.
Here are my tips on how to achieve the most lash length possible.
- Start by curling your lashes with a lash curler. Placing your lashes in the opening and the base of the curler on your lash line, squeeze a few times to lift lashes. If you’re looking for a good curler, try this one by Kevin Aucoin ($21).
- Use a mascara primer. Combing this product through your lashes will add extra length. Try out the Lancome Clis Booster ($28).
- Coat your top lash line. Position the Lengthening Mascara wand at the base of your lashes. Then close your eyes, letting the wand brush through your hairs from root to tip.
- Coat your bottom lash line. Hold the wand horizontally across your lower lashes. Then use a zigzagging motion to coat each lash.
- Touch up the inner and outer corners. Using the very end of the tapered wand, brush through your inner and outer corner lashes, making sure they are completely coated.
Advertised Product Highlights
r.e.m. Beauty by Ariana Grande Flourishing Lengthening Mascara
Edited by Darby