- Most Ergonomic Curling Iron
- Extra Long Barrel
- Great Barrel Material – titanium alloy
- Great for thick and coarse Hair
- Great for long hair
- Only one barrel size option – 1″
- No Clip
Pall Mitchell Curling Iron, Angle, does not look impressive until you actually use it. It has to be the most comfortable curling Iron in the market.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
I was skeptical about Paul Mitchell Curling Iron when I saw it before testing and review. Individuals with long coarse and/or thick hair have a very particular hair situation. They have a lot to work with, and it takes time. The right tool can be the difference between a simple process and a tiring ordeal. Paul Mitchell, a trusted brand in hair care, has taken a leap into ergonomic design with their Neuro Angle Bendable Titanium Curling Iron. Let’s dive into the specifics.
Quick Rating Rundown
What is Paul Mitchell Angle Curling Iron?
Paul Mitchell’s Neuro Angle Bendable Titanium Curling Iron is no ordinary curling iron. Its unique patent-pending ergonomic design stands out instantly. Boasting four adjustable positions, the bendable iron has been crafted to make waves and create curls without tiring out the user’s wrists and arms. This is a game-changer, especially for professional stylists who spend hours perfecting their clients’ tresses.
Additionally, it heats up to an impressive 450°F in mere seconds and promises lightning-fast heat recovery. This is achieved with the help of its premium titanium surface, ensuring consistent and even heat for curl formation. The SmartSense microchip, which regulates the temperature 50 times per second, ensures safety, stability, and efficiency. This tool marries technology with design, creating an ideal balance.
My Paul Mitchell Angle Curling Iron Review Points
Having tried various curling irons, the Paul Mitchell Bendable Titanium Curling Iron has impressed me during the review. It changed my mind once I started using it. Here are the pros:
- Ergonomics – With the distinction of being perhaps the most ergonomic curling iron in the market, its bendable feature brings immense relief to the wrists. It’s a godsend, especially during long styling sessions. Never knew I needed this feature.
- Extra Long Barrel – This feature makes it ideal for styling long hair, ensuring consistent waves or curls from root to tip. More real-estate.
- Barrel Material – The titanium alloy barrel is a superior conductor, ensuring swift and even heating. This makes it especially suited for thick and coarse hair that often requires higher temperatures for effective styling.
- Efficiency for Longer Hair – Due to its design and material, its made for long hair, providing consistent results throughout. Get it done quicker and comfortably.
So, does this Paul Mitchell curling iron have any cons, there are a few so let’s finish the review.
- Limited Barrel Size Options – The iron comes with only a 1″ barrel size. A variety of size options would have been better to cater to different hair lengths and preferred curl sizes.
- Absence of a Hair Clip – The absence of a hair clip means users need to be adept at manually holding and wrapping the hair, which can be challenging for beginners.
How To Use Paul Mitchell Curling Iron
To curl your hair…
- Prepare: Turn the tool on
- Section your hair: Grab a 1″ section of hair, starting near the roots.
- Position your hair: Place the sectioned hair near the bottom of the barrel
- Twist and hold: It’s time for the fun part! wrap the hair around the curling iron barrel. Hold for aprx. 5 seconds (depending on heat setting).
- Release the hair
- Repeat and style: Repeat these steps for each section of your hair until your entire mane is curled.
- Check out the video above for more clarity.
:Neuro Angle Bendable Titanium Curling Iron
Best for Long Hair
:Bio Ionic Graphene MX
How It Compares To Other Long Barrel Curling Irons
There are not that many long barrel curling irons on the market. You got irons like BabylissPro Nano Titanium XL Curling Iron, Ion curling Iron, some knockoffs on amazon. Let’s review the top competition of Paul Mitchell Curling Iron, Neuro Angle:
1. Best Curling Iron For Long Hair – Bio Ionic Graphene MX
Known for its exotic material that facilitates fast heat transfer, it’s an efficient tool for swift hairstyling. However, in terms of ergonomics, Paul Mitchell still takes the cake.
2. Paul Mitchell Curling Iron DUPE – Hot Tools 24K Gold XL Barrel Curling Iron
If Paul Mitchell Curling Iron is not in your budget but you are still looking for similar benefits, there is a perfect long barrel curling irons for you. I’m talking about Hot Tools 24K Gold XL Barrel Curling Iron. Instead of Titanium it provides 24k Gold plating, which also transfers heat quickly and coarse hair would love it. Obviously it is a longer barrel curling iron. Plus. it comes in 1′ and 1.25″ diameter options, which is better than Paul Mitchell Angle Curling Iron. The results will be exceptional for this Paul Mitchell Curling Iron DUPE! The only area that will suffer is the ergonomic option built into Paul Mitchell iron.
Other Air Stylers and Curlers
Consumers are well aware of the numerous philosophies and technologies available for curling hair. The latest trend involves using only air to style the hair, with Dyson leading the way and many other brands following suit. This technology aims to minimize heat exposure and offers various outstanding features.
If you’re concerned about heat damage, air stylers are the way to go. There are numerous tools on the market, ranging from brands like Shark and Revlon to various Dyson Airwrap dupes.
Curling Irons Technology
Traditional curling irons and flat irons utilize heated barrels and flat plates. One significant factor in these tools is the materials used to create the barrel, which contribute to moisture retention, shine control, and quick hair styling. Their greatest advantage lies in speed, as nothing produces results as quickly as heat-based curling barrels.
In my opinion, regular consumers don’t need to look too far to find a good hot curling iron. There is no great need for special plating, such as titanium, copper, or gold, which require additional technology for proper use. A regular tourmaline ceramic curling iron will suffice. It is inherently safer as it distributes heat more evenly due to slower heat transfer when the curling iron is held on the hair for 5 to 15 seconds.
Hot Curling Iron Purchase Options
If you are looking for a curling iron for specific situation there are many options: