- Glides on smoothly
- Intense black pigment
- Easy to control
- Flexible tip
- Could be more precise
- Pigment can bleed some
NYX Epic Ink Liner Review
Featuring intense black pigment that is waterproof and easy to apply, NYX Epic Ink is the best drugstore liquid eyeliner.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
Is NYX Epic Ink a dupe for the iconic KVD Tattoo Liner?
I’m always on the hunt for a great dupe. I think it’s fun and interesting to see if more affordable, drugstore products can be the same, or better, than their high end counterparts. Today we’re talking about liquid eyeliner. Specifically, NYX Epic Ink. I personally think this is the best drugstore liquid eyeliner, and it rivals KVD Tattoo Liner. The two are so similar, and there are actually a few things I like better about the NYX eyeliner. Let’s review NYX Epic Ink Liner.
Promises vs. Performance: Precise, flexible tip for easy application.
NYX’s website says their Epic Ink Liner is a cult favorite, best seller. It has some bold claims, to include an intensely pigmented, waterproof formula. The brush is slender and supple, which is said to allow you to create precise, seamless lines effortlessly. Epic Ink Liner is said to be fluid and controllable. You can create fine and natural lines to bold winged looks with controlling how much pressure you apply. NYX doesn’t explicitly state any claims about the longevity of Epic Ink Liner, but I’m assuming the waterproof formula is going to be long lasting.
My Review Thoughts: NYX Epic Ink Liner
I compared this liquid eyeliner in a one to one test with KVD Tattoo Liner. The two are so similar and feature many of the same claims, and I was intrigued if Epic Ink would be a good dupe for Tattoo Liner. As NYX promised, Epic Ink features a flexible felt tip brush that glides on smoothly and allows for a precise application. The pigment is an intense black that I think is darker than Tattoo Liner (I love my eyeliners as dark as they can be!). It is also more fluid, which leads into a bit of a downfall in that it can bleed a bit.
Overall, I was impressed by the performance of Epic Ink. It wore just as beautifully as KVD did throughout the day. When I was ready to take my face off at the end of the night, Epic Ink was still there: free of smudges, transfer, and fading.
How It Compares: This is easily the best drugstore liquid eyeliner.
A dupe for the iconic KVD Tattoo Liner ($23), NYX Epic Ink ($10) has a stellar performance. The pigment is an intense black, natural matte finish that does not budge. It features a fluid formula that glides on easily (though beware, the pigment can bleed a bit). The felt tip brush is flexible, yet you can still be pretty precise with it when drawing. Easy to apply. Tons of pigment. A bank for your buck: for just $10, you can’t beat this liquid eyeliner. It is quite possibly the best drugstore liquid eyeliner I have come across.
Milabu Beauty Method: Create a sharp winged liner look.
- I like to start at the center of my eyelid when applying my liner. Using more of a stamping motion than dragging, begin lining your upper eyelid. The more pressure you apply, the thicker line you will get. Start with the lightest pressure, as you can always build up the intensity and thickness!
- Work your way towards the outer corner of your eye. To create the perfect wing, draw a tiny flick upwards towards the end of your eyebrow.
- Starting at the top of the flick (end closest to your brow), draw a triangle shape to begin connecting the wing to the line on your upper eyelid.
- Fill in this triangle shape to create your wing.
- Continue drawing the liner towards the inner corner of your eye, stopping before you reach your tear duct.
- Take some time at the end to clean up your line or make it bolder if desired!
- Finish off your look with the perfect all-in-one mascara. One of my favorites when I want a falsie look is Maybelline Lash Sensational ($10.99).
Advertised Product Highlights
NYX Epic Ink Liner
Edited by Maddie