- Comfortable to wear
- Great shade range (over 20 to choose from)
- Matte formula
- Long lasting
- Intense pigment
- Product can stain anything it comes in contact with
- Can cling to dry patches
NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment Review
NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment is a powerful combination of potent pigment and true a true matte finish. This lip stain is comfortable to wear and long lasting.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment is the best for achieving a flawless lip stain application.
A three time Allure Best of Beauty award winner, NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment is an iconic lip stain that works and is loved by many. Featuring a shade range from daytime nudes to vampy colors, there is a color for any look you need. And, there’s no need to worry about touch-ups with this product. It lasts through all of life’s twists and turns without feeling dry and heavy on the lips. Sound like a fever dream? I thought so too until I tried it for myself. Let’s dive into NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment Review.
Promises vs. Performance: This lip stain features precision application and potent pigment.
“Potency and precision” is how NARS describes their Powermatte Lip Pigment, said to be their most powerful concentrated matte yet. This lip stain features what they call “Fluid Pigment Complex,” which is liquified pigment with a zero gravity feel. AKA, you’ll get ultra-flexible long lasting wear. The formula is said to be lightweight that applies like an ink on lips, giving you intense color deposit in just one swipe. It dries down completely for a smudgeproof, carefree wear. NARS says to shake this product really well before use to combine all the goodies inside.
My Review Thoughts: NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment
As I do before any matte lipstick, I prep my lips by exfoliating and hydrating before applying. The custom doe foot applicator of Powermatte makes it easy to apply as isn’t too large. The precision tip makes it easy to get precise lines and in the corners of the lips. And, NARS is right: this pigment really packs a punch! The formula is intensely pigmented and gives full coverage in just one swipe across the lips. It has a lightweight feel to the lips that dries down to a stain finish that is matte. As promised, it is smudgeproof so you don’t have to worry about it coming off while eating and drinking. Just be careful – this product can stain anything it comes in contact with, so make sure you always close the lid tightly when you’re done using it!
During the review my only real con with NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment was that it can cling to dry patches, which is why I recommend exfoliating and hydrating the lips prior to application.
How It Compares: Is this the best lip stain?
Let’s review pro-grade lip stains – Is NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment the best? At least, in prograde beauty it is! NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment has an unbeatable performance. The formula is potent. It dries down completely to a smudgeproof, matte finish. Touch-ups and reapplying is unnecessary. This lip stain lives up to it’s promises with an easy application that is comfortable on the lips. If you’re looking for a product that doesn’t budge – Powermatte is where it’s at. Just make sure to close the lid tight as this formula stains easily!
Milabu Beauty Method: Prep. Apply. Forget.
Literally: forget this product is even on your lips with its comfortable wear.
- Prep lips for application. I always suggest exfoliating before makeup and topping with a lip balm before you’re ready to apply the lip stain. My favorites for this are the Fresh Sugar Lip Polish ($18) and Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask ($22).
- Since this formula is liquidy, I recommend applying a lip liner.
- Beginning applying Powermatte by starting with your top lip. Trace the outline of your lips, working your way to the center. Do the same with your bottom lip.
- Blot your lips together to evenly disperse product, and touch up any areas you want more pigment. I find I usually need to add a bit in the corners of my lips.
- This step is totally optional, but these lip stains pair beautifully with a lip gloss. I love adding the Tower 28 ShineOn Lip Jelly in Magic ($18) on top!
Advertised Product Highlights
NARS Powermatte Lip Pigment
Edited by Maddie