- Soft, buttery feel
- Doesn’t budge or crease
- Pretty long lasting
- Not as pigmented
- Difficult to layer shades on top of one another
- Creates patchiness
Milani UnGuilded Most Loved Mattes Eyeshadow Palette Review
While soft, blendable, and long lasting, this Matte Milani palette wasn’t as pigmented as expected, and had lots of fallout.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
Milani UnGilded Most Loved Mattes Eyeshadow Palette: Soft, buttery textures.
However, when it was time to place the pigments onto my eyelids, I found them to be a little less creamy. And they didn’t have the pigment payoff I saw on my arm, either. Let’s jump into Milani UnGuilded Most Loved Mattes Eyeshadow Palette Review.
Promises vs. Performance: My eye makeup wasn’t as pigmented as expected.
UnGilded Most Loved Mattes has 12 neutral shades, designed to complement a range of skin tones. MilaniCosmetics.com promises hyper pigmentation, for one-swipe color payoff. They should apply seamlessly, without, as they describe, “chalkiness or patchiness.” And application should be smooth and easy.
My Review Thoughts: Milani UnGuilded Most Loved Mattes Eyeshadow Palette
I created a rosy matte eyeshadow look with UnGilded Most Loved. First, I primed my eyelids with the Milani Eyeshadow Primer ($8.99). Then, I smoothed Not So Vanilla and Bust a Mauve, light neutral and pink shades, onto my entire lid. I placed the pink shades Smell the Roses and No Plum Intended in the outer portion of my lid. Taking the dark brown Cocoa Bean, I focused this shade on the outer corner. To finish my eyeshadow look, I added rosy shades to my lower lash line.
While applying, I had a few complaints. First, this palette has a lot of fallout. Even when swatching, the softly packed pigments went everywhere. And once applied to my face, they fell below my under eyes. Second, these shadows aren’t as pigmented on the eyes as they appear in the palette, especially the darkest shades in the bottom row. I had to work really hard to get good pigment payoff. And finally, these shadows are difficult to layer on top of one another without creating some patchiness.
However, I do really enjoy the shades in this palette. I think they’re really pretty, and you can create gorgeous looks. And the pigments feel really soft on the face. You can build them up to have more pigmentation, but it may just take some extra work. They also lasted all day and didn’t budge, besides slightly on the outer corner (but we have to give credit to the Milani Primer as well).
How It Compares: e.l.f. Bite Size Eyeshadow Palette has both shimmers and mattes.
Milabu Beauty Method: My steps for a rosy matte eyeshadow look.
I created a simple rosy matte eyeshadow look with this Milani palette. Here’s how I did it.
Do your eye makeup before your face base, so you can wipe the fallout off your under eyes.
- Use an eyeshadow primer. Smooth a primer (like this one by Wet n Wild, $5.49) all over your lids.
- Using a fluffy eyeshadow brush, take Not So Vanilla and place all over your lids. Do the same with Bust a Mauve on the same brush, bringing it a little above the crease as well.
- On a smaller blending brush, mix Smell the Roses and No Plum Intended. Then place on the outer portion of your lid.
- Take a fluffy angled brush and place Cocoa Bean on the outer corner, bringing it out further than your outer corner like winged eyeliner. While applying, continue dipping back into the shades in Step 3, placing them above Cocoa Bean.
- With a makeup wipe, gently clean under your eyes. Then apply eyeliner and your face makeup.
- To finish the look, place rosy shades (like Smell the Roses and No Plum Intended) on the end of a flat shader brush and smoke into your lower lash line. Then apply your mascara and you’re done!
Advertised Product Highlights
Milani Cosmetics UnGilded Most Loved Mattes Eyeshadow Palette