Choosing the right hair tool can be a daunting task with countless options available in the market. Among the top contenders, Shark has introduced two innovative hairstyling tools: First Shark FlexStyle and now Shark SmoothStyle. If you’re on the fence about which one to invest in, you’ve come to the right place. This article delves into the “shark smooth style vs flex style” debate to help you make an informed decision before committing to a purchase.
Quick Rating Rundown
What is Shark Smooth Style
Shark SmoothStyle is a versatile 3-in-1 hair tool designed primarily for straightening, smoothing, and volumizing. Boasting heated comb technology, this tool promises a healthy and voluminous finish. It offers distinct modes for wet and dry hair, ensuring the perfect style, whether it’s a fresh wash day or you’re simply refreshing your tresses. Its main attractions include dual modes for drying and volumizing without heat damage, heated smoothing comb technology, and versatility to cater to all hair types.
What is Shark Flex Style?
Transitioning from drying to styling has never been easier with the SharkFlex Style. This tool is a blend of a powerful hair dryer and a versatile multi-styler. With various attachments, users can effortlessly switch between curling, volumizing, and smoothing. FlexStyle stands out for its ability to regulate temperatures, ensuring minimal heat exposure, and its lightweight design, making styling a breeze.
Difference in Design – Shark Smooth Style vs. Flex Style
When it comes to design, the Shark Smooth Style sports a round brush body, focusing on three areas at once Drying, Styling, and Smoothing (heated comb feature). This is a true 3 in 1 hair styling tool. There are no attachment, and it serve only in these 3 functions. The unit is streamlined, giving it an ergonomic feel and ensuring ease during prolonged usage.
On the other hand, the Shark Flex Style is designed with transformation in mind. It seamlessly switches from a hairdryer to a multi-styler with various attachments and various setting to choose from. All these features make it a multi-functional tool for every hair need. Furthermore, the possibilities are left open, because shark is coming out with more and more attachments each year for this hair tool. Needless to say this is the direct rival to the coveted Dyson Airwrap, but with ergonomics in mind.
Difference in Features
Both tools from Shark have a range of features that cater to various hairstyling needs. Let’s delve deeper into the unique attributes of each:
Shark Smooth Style: 3-in-1 Tool – Simplifying your hair routine with multifunctionality.
- Heated Smoothing Comb Technology (Two Parts to the Comb): A. Integrated comb that not only straightens but also volumizes, ensuring hair retains natural movement and shape. B. Ceramic-Coated Plates: Ensures even heating, offering smooth results with less potential for hair damage compared to traditional tools.
- Wet Hair Mode (Essentially a dryer that styles the hair): A unique feature that allows for wet-to-dry volumizing without causing heat damage, eliminating the need for a separate drying process.
- Dry Hair Mode (provides a blow out or smoothing down): Perfect for days you don’t wash your hair. Straighten, align, and smooth to refresh and rejuvenate your look.
- Three Preset Air Temperature Settings: Customize your styling experience based on your hair type and desired outcome.
Shark Flex Style: Multitool Extravaganza – Switching between various attachments for a comprehensive styling experience.
- Powerful Hair Dryer: Despite its compact size, it dries hair quickly without causing heat damage.
- Many Attachments:
- 1.25” and .95″ Auto-Wrap Curlers: Using Coanda Technology, these curlers wrap, curl, and set your hair automatically. Two curlers are included to offer curl direction variety.
- Oval Brush & Paddle Brush: The oval brush is perfect for adding volume and bounce, while the paddle brush straightens and smooths.
- Styling Concentrator: This rotatable nozzle provides better angle control, especially useful during hair drying sessions.
- Frizz Fighting tool
- Wide-Tooth Comb tool
- Temperature Regulation: Measures and adjusts temperature 1,000 times per second, ensuring consistent and optimal heat.
- Four Heat Settings & Three Airflow Settings: Personalize your hair routine even further, adjusting based on your hair’s needs.
The distinct features of each tool highlight their intended usage. While the Shark Smooth Style is focused on providing a comprehensive styling experience with fewer tools, the Shark Flex Style is all about offering a multitude of options for those who love variety in their hairstyling routine.
Difference in Results
Both the Shark Smooth Style and Flex Style deliver outstanding results when it comes to drying hair and achieving a salon-quality blowout. The Flex Style, with its various attachments and settings, promises a luxurious blowout experience, albeit at a premium price point. However, it might offer more than some users want or need in a hair tool.
One noticeable distinction is that the Smooth Style provides heated comb plates, which add an extra layer of smoothing power that the Flex Style lacks. This is an important distinction to consider when comparing Shark Smooth Style vs. Flex Style. Flex Style will never provide that extra smoothing power because it does not use the extra power of heated plates.
See both of the tools in action. Here are great videos showcasing both Shark Smooth Style and Flex style.
Who is Smooth Style for?
The Shark Smooth Style is perfect for individuals seeking a simple yet effective solution to their hair woes. If you desire a tool that can transition your hair from wet to dry while simultaneously volumizing and/or smoothing, this is your match. It’s especially beneficial for those wanting a quick fix on non-wash days or seeking to eliminate ponytail creases and bedhead.
Who is Flex Style for?
For those who adore versatility and love experimenting with various styles, the Shark Flex Style is your dream come true. It’s designed for the hair enthusiast who craves variety in their styling routine. If you’re willing to invest in a premium tool that offers numerous attachments and settings, this is the one for you.
Conclusion, Shark Smooth Style vs. Flex Style
In the “shark smooth style vs flex style” showdown, both tools have their unique strengths. The Smooth Style excels in simplicity and the added smoothing power of its heated combs. In contrast, the Flex Style stands out for its unmatched versatility. Ultimately, the best choice boils down to individual needs and preferences. Whether you’re seeking simplicity or versatility, Shark has got you covered.