Shark Flex Style vs Speed Style:
Explore the in-depth comparison of Shark Flex Style vs Speed Style to find the best fit for your hair needs and style preferences.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
Hair tools have seen a renaissance in recent years with innovative designs, multiple functionalities, and an emphasis on hair health. Today, we dive deep into the world of Shark Beauty to compare two of its flagship products – the Shark Flex Style and the Shark Speed Style. For those looking for the best of the best, this detailed analysis will help you make an informed decision.
Quick Rating Rundown
What is Shark Flex Style?
Pro-Grade Multi-Styler: Shark FlexStyle System
The Shark Flex Style is a versatile powerhouse designed to both dry and style your hair seamlessly. By merging the benefits of a hair dryer with that of a multi-styler, this tool promises to curl, volumize, smooth, and dry your hair without causing heat damage. Weighing just over 1.5lbs, it emphasizes ergonomics, promising ease of use no matter your preferred styling routine.
What is Shark Speed Style?
Pro-Grade Hair Dryer: Shark SpeedStyle Hair Dryer
Enter the Shark Speed Style – a tool that boasts speed and power in a compact design. Its primary function is to quickly transition hair from wet to a glossy dry, ensuring minimal heat damage. Lighter than many of its counterparts, the Speed Style also offers several styling attachments to craft a look tailored to every hair type.
Difference in Design: Shark Flex Style vs Speed Style
Both Shark Flex Style and Shark Speed Style exhibit modern design elements, reflecting the evolution of hair tools over the years. However, they differ in certain aspects, underscoring their unique strengths and functionalities:
Ergonomics and User Experience:
- Shark Flex Style: True to its name, the Flex Style emphasizes flexibility. Its design allows users to grasp and manipulate the tool in a variety of ways, facilitating the creation of diverse hairstyles. Whether you’re curling, straightening, or drying, the ergonomic design minimizes wrist strain, making it a favored choice for extended styling sessions.
- Shark Speed Style: This tool’s design focuses on efficiency and precision. Its more streamlined build prioritizes speed, allowing users to quickly transition between wet and styled hair. The grip and balance of the Speed Style ensure swift, easy passes through the hair, ideal for those mornings when every minute counts.
Size and Weight:
- Shark Flex Style: Weighing a tad over 1.5lbs, it strikes a balance between being lightweight for ease of use and substantial enough to feel durable. Its compact nature ensures easy storage and portability.
- Shark Speed Style: Slightly heavier at 1.69 lbs., it remains one of the lightest digital hair dryers in its class. The weight distribution is optimized to reduce arm fatigue, making longer styling sessions more comfortable.
Material and Build:
- Shark Flex Style: Constructed with high-quality materials that are heat resistant, the Flex Style boasts a smooth finish, ensuring the tool remains cool to touch even during prolonged use. Its multi-functional design means a more intricate build, with components that easily interchange for varied styling needs.
- Shark Speed Style: With a more focused approach on quick drying and styling, the Speed Style features a robust build, designed to withstand high-speed operations. Its sleek surface not only adds to its aesthetic appeal but also makes it easy to clean.
Difference in Features:
Both tools champion their “no heat damage” feature, regulating temperature effectively. However, the Speed Style’s high-speed mechanism lets it measure and regulate temperature 1,000 times per second, ensuring optimal fast heat and avoiding damage. This means it heats up properly with its 1600 Watts. Shark FlexStyle in contrast has 1300 Watts. This means it will dry the hair a bit slower than Speed Style. Both tools offer settings customization with multiple airflow and multiple temperature dials.
List of Attachments for Shark Flex Style vs Speed Style:
- Styling Concentrator – rotatable nozzle to style and dry
- Curl-Defining Diffuser – defines natural curls with fast, even drying from roots to tips; Extendable prongs add volume to any hair length
- 1.25 inch auto-wrap curlers (2 that rotate in different directions)
- 0.95 inch auto-wrap curlers (2 that rotate in different directions)
- Oval Brush – increases smoothness and decreases frizz while adding volume and bounce
- Paddle Brush – dries, straightens, and smooths hair
- Round Brush – dries and styles for increased shine and volume; Features smoothing and nylon boar bristles to detangle, grab, smooth, and defrizz hair
- Wide-tooth Comb – best for coily and curly hair types; Two rows with two lengths of teeth stretch and lengthen natural curls from root to tip
Shark Speed Style:
- Lift & Stretch Wide-Tooth Comb: Specifically designed to stretch and elongate natural curls and coils with its unique dual-length teeth.
- Turbo Concentrator: Provides a concentrated air path for precise, fast drying and styling. Features a rotatable nozzle for easy maneuvering.
- Express Touchup Brush: A combination brush for shaping bangs, layers, and ends with both volumizing and smoothing boar bristles.
- RapidGloss™ Finisher: Designed for finishing touches on dry hair, it smooths flyaways for a high-shine look with reduced frizz.
- QuickSmooth Brush: Offers a dual benefit of drying and styling, with boar bristles that help in volumizing and smoothing simultaneously.
- DefrizzFast Diffuser: Ensures even drying from roots to tips while enhancing and defining natural curls. Comes with extendable prongs for added volume.
Difference in Results:
When it comes to performance, the key differences lie in their primary functions and wattage. The Speed Style heats up quicker, making it efficient for those on-the-go. However, the Flex Style, as a multi-styler, provides more versatility, especially with its flexible design. If you’re deciding between the two, consider which attachments align with your hair needs and desired styles.
Who is Shark Flex Style for?
The Shark Flex Style is perfect for those who value versatility and enjoy experimenting with various hairstyles. Its multi-functionality and range of attachments make it suitable for all hair types and styles, from wavy to coily. Also, it’s worth a mention that flexibility should not be underestimated, it can make the whole experience that much more enjoyable.
Who is Shark Speed Style for?
If speed or simple quick styling is your top priority, the Shark Speed Style is your go-to. Best for individuals with a tight schedule, this tool ensures quick styling without compromising on hair health. Its range of attachments also ensures that it caters to various hair types.
In the battle of “Shark Flex Style vs Speed Style,” both tools emerge as winners in their respective categories. While the Flex Style offers versatility, the Speed Style promises efficiency. It all boils down to individual needs and preferences. Regardless of the choice, with Shark Beauty, you’re ensured quality and innovation.
Edited by Milabu