- Easy to apply
- Long wearing
- No flaking or smudging
- Easy removal
- Curl can fall
- Heavier formula
EM Cosmetics mascara is effortless to apply for beautiful lashes. You’ll never have to worry about flaking or smudging with this product!
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
Pick Me Up Volume + Length Mascara: A great product in EM Cosmetics makeup line.
Michelle Phan, founder of EM Cosmetics, wears many hats. For some, she’s known as an OG Beauty YouTuber. Beginning her channel in 2008, her makeup tutorials have steadily grown fame. She currently has over eight million subs. On top of that, she’s also the founder of multiple multi-million dollar companies, including Ipsy, a beauty subscription company, and EM Cosmetics, her makeup line.
I’ve tested a few of Phan’s products, including her Serum Blushes, which I think are just beautiful. I’ve also tested her Pick Me Up Volume + Length Mascara. This product features an interesting wand and a lightweight formula. Read below for my full thoughts on this mascara.
Promises vs. Performance: An easy to apply, long lasting mascara.
EM Cosmetics Mascara is a pick-me-up for lashes. Pick Me Up promises to add volume and length for thick, long lashes. It is an innovative tubing formula with rich, black pigment that claims not to smudge, flake, or run for an all day wear. It is infused with nourishing ingredients such as ProVitamin B, hyaluronic acid, rice extract, and tsubaki. The fiber formula is lightweight, keeping lashes soft and flexible while still delivering dramatic results. Featuring a short, molded brush, all eye shapes and sizes can easily use this mascara, achieving volume, length, and long wear.
Twisting open the lavender tube reveals a small, straight wand. This mascara formula applies with minimal effort. After a few layers, I am able to achieve dark, long lashes. I can also easily apply it to my bottom lashes without making a mess. My biggest complaint with this tubing formula is that it’s heavy and doesn’t hold a curl. The only way I can achieve curled lashes is curling before application and after. But, most of tubing formulas will do that. After wearing the formula all day, I have no complaints of flaking, smudging, or running. This mascara stays on for the long haul!
Quick RATING Rundown:
:EM Cosmetics Pick Me Up Mascara
Volume, Length, Curl, Define
How It Compares: Lancome Mascara just can’t be beat.
While I think EM Cosmetics’ mascara is a good option, I don’t typically reach for it. The formula just doesn’t wow me like other mascaras do. I usually want something a bit more dramatic. A mascara I always reach for is Lancome Lash Idôle (rated ****4.4), and for multiple reasons. I prefer this mascara’s curved wand with 360 “micro-bristles” that coat and curl every lash. It’s also a lightweight formula that never clumps. And it’s long wearing, too, with minimal transferring and no flaking. There’s no question in my mind, Lash Idôle is the best mascara in professional grade beauty.
Milabu Beauty Method: Tips on how to achieve long lashes.
Below are five tips on how to use Pick Me Up Mascara for the longest lashes possible.
- Begin by curling your lashes. A lash curler I regularly reach for is this one by Surratt Beauty ($34). Place the curler as close to your lash line as possible, with your lashes in the opening. Then gently press together a few times until your lashes point upward.
- Apply lash primer. One of my favorites is the Lancome Cils Booster, ($26). Positioning the wand at the base of your lashes, close your eyes, letting the wand run through your lashes from root to tip. Repeat until lashes are coated.
- Apply to your top lashes. After letting the primer set until it gets tacky, apply the mascara using the same method as described in Step 2. When closing your eyes, you can also wiggle the wand back and forth to create extra volume and length.
- Focus on the inner and outer corner. Use the tip of the short mascara wand to reach your inner and outer corner lashes.
- Apply to your bottom lashes. Placing the wand on top of your lashes, use a zigzagging motion to coat. Then use the tip of the wand to reach your inner and outer corner bottom lashes.
Tip: When removing your makeup at the end of the night, this mascara should be effortless to take off. EM Cosmetics’ website recommends using warm water and light pressure on a cotton round, washcloth, or your fingers.
Advertised Product Highlights
EM Cosmetics Pick Me Up Volume & Length Mascara
Edited by Darby