- Quick and easy to apply
- Wand applies formula evenly to lashes
- Separates lashes well
- Clean formula
- Not as volumizing as claimed
- Doesn’t deposit much pigment
- Smudges and transfers
- Not long lasting
elf Lash It Loud mascara creates beautifully separated, defined lashes. But, the wear time leaves something be desired.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
Lash It Loud Mascara is not my favorite elf product.
To be honest, I’m usually not super impressed with e.l.f.’s mascaras (although, I am a sucker for their cheek products, like their Putty Bronzer and Blush). For instance, their Big Mood Mascara ($7) leaves me wanting more; it doesn’t give my lashes the added drama I crave. I’m also disappointed with Lash It Loud Mascara, but for a different reason. While it gives me beautiful lashes, the formula gives me raccoon eyes by the end of the day. Boo!
Promises vs. Performance: Separates eyelashes well, but where’s the longevity?
According to e.l.f.’s website, Lash it loud mascara should make your lashes fuller, bolder, and longer. Mascara is formulated with intensely rich pigments for nice, dark lashes. The flexible silicone wand grips every lash from root to tip for extra volume.
Right away, I could tell how wet and waxy this formula is. The wand’s silicone bristles don’t deposit the amount of pigment I desire. However, the bristles do help apply the mascara formula quickly and evenly to my lashes. It separates and defines my lashes really well.
But, after an all day wear test, this elf lash it loud mascara formula transfers, leaving smudges above and below my eyes really bad. And though longevity is not one of Lash It Loud’s claims, how well any makeup wears is important, and this mascara falls short.
Quick Rating Rundown
:elf Lash It Loud Mascara
How elf Lash It Loud Compares: While this isn’t the best mascara makeup, there are others at the drugstore that are.
Initially, I though e.l.f. Lash It Loud would have promise. It has an easy, clump free application and the wand is easy to use. The formula does separate and define lashes, but it doesn’t do much else. It takes a bit to build up pigment, though, and doesn’t have intense black color from the first swipe. I was hoping for thick, full lashes as claimed, but this mascara doesn’t give much volume at all. And, finally, the wear is pretty lackluster. This formula smudges and transfers easily, despite setting my under eye concealer with a setting powder.
But, I do have other drugstore mascara recommendations for you: Maybelline Lash Sensational and Covergirl Lash Blast Clean Volume are two of my faves. These mascaras add both length and volume while also separating lashes. And they last super long, for at least 12 hours with minimal transfer. In my opinion, they’re two of the best volume mascaras at the drugstore and are staples in my collection. Check out how they rank among other top drugstore mascaras here.
Milabu Beauty Method: Steps to applying Lash It Loud Mascara.
Lash It Loud creates really beautiful lashes. However, it just doesn’t last on its own. Here’s my application steps for (hopefully) longer lasting lashes.
- Prep under eyes and eyelids. I always recommend setting under eye concealer and wearing at least an eye primer on the lids. This helps reduce smudges and transfer and smudging.
- Remove extra product from the wand for a cleaner application. Before applying the mascara, remove any excess mascara from the end of the wand by brushing it up against the side of the tube.
- Apply to upper lashes. Position the wand horizontally at the base of your lashes, close your eye, and swipe roots to tips allowing the formula to coat each lash. Repeat this step a few times. Then, after waiting a few minutes, coat the lashes again.
- Use the tip of the wand on the inner corner. To get the inner corner lashes, use the very tip of the wand and coat lashes from root to tip.
- Apply to lower lashes. Holding the brush horizontally against your lashes, wiggle the wand through each lash from root to tip. To get the inner corner, use the tip of the wand once again.
Tip: If the formula gets goopy, or if you want extra separated lashes, try brushing a lash comb through your lashes after applying. I use the comb side of the Velour Lash Applicator ($22).
Advertised Product Highlights
elf Lash It Loud Mascara
Edited by Darby