- Easy to blend
- Buildable to medium
- Creamy formula
- Not the full coverage e.l.f. claims
- Can crease
e.l.f. Hydrating Camo Concealer conceals under eyes for a beautiful satin finish. This drugstore concealer has coverage and longevity.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
e.l.f. Hydrating Camo Concealer: Formulated with an extra boost of hydration.
e.l.f. Cosmetics has two versions of their much loved Camo Concealer. The first is their 16 Hour Camo Concealer (check out my review here), with claims of a full coverage, matte finish that lasts for, you guessed it, 16 hours. The second is a moisturizing variation, the Hydrating Camo Concealer. While it doesn’t claim to last for 16 hours, this drugstore concealer is also supposed to be full coverage, but with a satin finish. And it has an added benefit: An extra nourishing boost of hydration (because who doesn’t want that?).
On e.l.f. Cosmetics’ website, it’s labeled as both a ‘Holy Grail‘ and a best selling product. Safe to say, lots of people love it. Am I in agreement? Keep reading to find out.
Promises vs. Performance: The Hydrating Concealer camouflages dark circles and blemishes.
Quick Rating Rundown
:e.l.f. Hydrating Camo Concealer
How It Compares: What’s the holy grail drugstore concealer?
I’m pretty pleased with how this concealer wears. The creamy formula is easy to blend, it has buildable light to medium coverage, and it covers my dark circles. However, it falls a tad short in terms of being able to provide a fuller coverage and the all day wear e.l.f. promises.
In my opinion, Maybelline Instant Age Rewind is the industry standard drugstore concealer. This product is definitely raved about, too, with more than 100,000 reviews on Amazon and a 4.4 star rating. Incredible! It covers dark circles and brightens under eyes while feeling weightless, leaving you with a smooth finish. This iconic concealer is truly a holy grail product (minus the messy applicator, but we can overlook that).
Milabu Beauty Method: Let’s conceal dark circles.
Follow these four steps for camouflaged under eyes.
- With the doe foot applicator, draw a streak of product under your eyes, from just below your inner corner to your outer corner, bringing it down your face slightly.
- Use a sponge to blend into the skin. I use e.l.f. Camo Concealer Sponge ($6), which I loved, but I’m also a huge fan of the Original Beautyblender ($20). Dab the product into your inner corner and out towards your outer corner.
- If you want to provide more coverage, add two more swipes of product below the first application and a few dots below your outer corner. Then blend again with a sponge.
- To set the concealer, use a dense face brush to swipe a loose powder over top, like the e.l.f. HD Setting Powder ($6).
Tip: If desired, you can use a brush instead of a sponge to blend. A brush will give you more coverage. e.l.f. recommends using the smaller end of their Concealer & Foundation Duo Brush ($8).
Advertised Product Highlights
e.l.f. Cosmetics Hydrating Camo Concealer
Edited by Darby