- Extra long
- Outstanding Material Complex – w/ Graphene
- Clip is smooth and easy to use
- Great for thick and coarse Hair
- Great for long hair
- Not for fragile hair
- Not for short hair
- No digital controls
Bio Ionic Long Barrel Curling Iron created a tool for individuals with long and coarse hair. The long hair situation calls for a non typical iron Solution. This is not a typical curling iron.
Some links to purchase are affiliate.
Bio Ionic Long Barrel Curling Iron is Best For Long Hair
Individuals with long coarse and/or thick hair have a very particular hair situation. They have a lot to work with, and it takes time. Bio Ionic Long Barrel Curling Iron, Graphene MX, is made just for this situation. They have incorporated all the right elements to make this curling Iron work for the long hair girls and guys. Let’s dive into the review of this Bio Ionic Long Barrel Graphene MX curling Iron – and see why it is the best curling iron for long hair.
Quick Rating Rundown
Best Curling Iron for Long Hair Options
It is surprising that not that many brands tailer a curling iron for long and thick hair girls. It seems like this is a huge market sector. In any case there are a few brands that do a great job at it.
So what makes a best curling iron for long hair? First, it needs to be long because there is a lot of hair to get through. Second, it needs to be fast because, again, there is a lot of hair to get through. Third, it needs to do that in a safe manner, extra safety circuitry would be nice. There are curling irons that provide exactly that. Keep reading.
What is Bio Ionic Long Barrel Curling Iron?
So here is the break down of the specs for Bio Ionic Curling Iron. First of all, it is an extra long curling iron. It is 2″ longer than the average curling iron. This is important because you don’t want to wrap hair on top of hair. The second layer of hair will not get properly set, and will fall out too quickly.
The Graphene and Ceramic Mineral Complex are an excellent choice for long and/or thick hair. What makes graphene special is that it is one of the best thermal conductors to date. This is what coarse hair needs. Thicker stands of hair will require more heat transfer to set the style. And if your hair is long, you don’t want to sit there for a long time. Who got time now a days? Graphene to the rescue, it will transfer that heat much quicker, at the same time reducing any hot spots.
Ceramic Mineral Complex is excellent at locking that moisture in the hair. The 1.25″ barrel is needed for longer hair because it needs that longer circumference. There is a lot of hair. The only point of contention is the max heat setting of 385F. We want more.
Bio Ionic Long Barrel Curling Iron Review thoughts.
Let’s talk about the promises and my review thought on this Bio Ionic long barrel Graphene MX curling iron. Did we get everything we were promised? I broke it down into pro and cons.
- The Graphene technology works just like promised. The hair gets set quickly no matter how coarse it is. This is one scenario where curling iron needs to have that extra heat transfer boost – for long coarse hair. Usually, there is no big need to go beyond a turmaline ceramic type of material because the hair sits on the hot surface for 5 seconds or more. Hair can get damaged easily if heat transfer rate is too fast.
- The long barrel curling iron is a necessity when it come down to long hair. You need enough real estate to wrap the hair in one layer. Wrapping hair in two layers is a big ‘no no’. The first layer will get damaged if you keep it long enough for the second layer to get set. On the other hand, the second layer will not get set, if you keep the hair just enough for the first layer of hair to get set. There is a need to say this twice, the heat has to transfer through each hair strand, the more layers the longer it will take and more dangerous it is for the first layer.
- The Ceramic Mineral Complex is Bio Ionics bread and butter to keep the hair healthy. After testing this iron, the hair never felt dry and lifeless.
- If I’m going to pick on something it will be the lack of temperature settings. there is only 6 heat settings, and there is no digital display. This is $160 curling iron and it should have most of the luxurious options.
- This hair iron is not recommended for fragile hair because it would be too easy to damage it further.
- When it comes to shorter hair, this is just too big of a tool. There is no need to make hair styling more cumbersome.
How To Use Bio Ionic Curling Iron
To curl your hair…
- Prepare: Take hold of the tool and gently squeeze the clip to open it.
- Section your hair: Grab a 1″ section of hair, starting near the roots.
- Position your hair: Place the sectioned hair near the bottom of the barrel inside the clip.
- Twist and hold: It’s time for the fun part! Twist the long barrel in your desired direction.
- Release the hair
- If your hair does not fit on the iron you can clamp the hair in the clip half way and twist the iron up to the roots, wait, then loosen the clip and drag the iron to the bottom of the hair and twist it again half way.
- Repeat and style: Repeat these steps for each section of your hair until your entire mane is curled.
- Check out the video above for more clarity.
Fastest Long Hair Iron
:Bio Ionic Graphene MX
Best Long Hair Dupe
:HOT TOOLS 24K Long Curling Iron
How It Compares To Other Long Barrel Curling Irons
There are not that many long barrel curling irons on the market. You got irons like BabylissPro Nano Titanium XL Curling Iron, Ion curling Iron, some knockoffs on amazon, and then there is Paul Mitchel. What about it? It’s worth a mention because it is similar enough and provides some extra features that Bio Ionic curling iron does not.
Paul Mitchell made Angle Bendable Titanium Curling Iron. One of its features is an extra long barrel. It does not have exotic material like Graphene, but it is titanium alloy plated. Moreover, it does have extra safety circuitry to regulate the temperature at 50X per second. That is awesome for those looking for extra safety. It does not end there, the feature that sold me on it is the ergonomic feature where you can bend the curling iron from 90 to 180 degrees for a comfortable hold. You may say why is that so important? Well, that is until you try it. It maybe a world of difference, especially behind your head.
Some of the things that is lacking with Paul Mitchel curling iron, it does not have a clip, it only comes in 1″ diameter option. Because of these few flaws it comes in slightly behind Bio Ionic Curling Iron. But, it’s worth looking into it, especially if you want a very comfortable long barrel curling iron.
Bio Ionic MX Long Barrel Curling Iron DUPE
If Bio Ionic Curling Iron is not in your budget but you are still looking for similar benefits, there is a perfect long barrel curling irons for you. I’m talking about Hot Tools 24K Gold XL Barrel Curling Iron. Instead of Graphene it provides 24k Gold plating, which also transfers heat quickly and coarse hair would love it. Obviously it is a longer barrel curling iron, it’s in the name. Plus. it comes in 1′ and 1.25″ diameter options, just like Bio Ionic. The results will not be as spectacular as Bio Ionic curling Iron provides, but they are exceptional!
Other Air Stylers and Curlers
Consumers are well aware of the numerous philosophies and technologies available for curling hair. The latest trend involves using only air to style the hair, with Dyson leading the way and many other brands following suit. This technology aims to minimize heat exposure and offers various outstanding features.
If you’re concerned about heat damage, air stylers are the way to go. There are numerous tools on the market, ranging from brands like Shark and Revlon to various Dyson Airwrap dupes.
Curling Irons Technology
Traditional curling irons and flat irons utilize heated barrels and flat plates. One significant factor in these tools is the materials used to create the barrel, which contribute to moisture retention, shine control, and quick hair styling. Their greatest advantage lies in speed, as nothing produces results as quickly as heat-based curling barrels.
Hot Curling Iron Purchase Options
If you are looking for a curling iron for specific situation there are many options: